Privacy, Confidentiality and Security
As part of the registration process for the E-learning Courses you will be required to provide the following personal information:
- Your name and contact information. The Phoenix Centre will not disclose your name or contact information, except to staff of The Phoenix Centre who have a role with the Welcome to Parenting program, without your prior permission.
- Your username. This can be your real name or a name that does not identify you. If you use your real name, or a modification of your real name, you consent to The Phoenix Centre sharing the username with other users of the Website.
- The delivery due date of your baby. This information will be used only to assign you to a small group of parents expecting a baby at the same time. If you provide the delivery due date of your baby, you consent to The Phoenix Centre using the information solely for the purpose of assigning you to a group.
- You agree that the personal information you provide will be accurate and complete and that you will not register under the name of another person.
- Once your payment is confirmed you will be prompted to create your own account/profile that may contain personal information about you. Within this form, you will be able to select the level of privacy regarding information that you may wish to share with others. The Website will also allow you to post messages and content to designated areas such as the Parent Q & A Forum and the Birth Clubs, and to upload files, images, documents, or other materials. By posting or uploading to the Website, you consent to the disclosure of the information. You understand and agree that information that you share on the Website through your account/profile or through posting or uploading is not information that is collected or shared by The Phoenix Centre, but only by you. The Phoenix Centre is not responsible for disclosure of personal information that you share through your account/profile or the Website, and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from such disclosure.
- If you agree to participate in an evaluation of the Website or E-learning Courses, with your consent we will collect personal or health information from you, but this information will only be available to our research staff and will not be made available to any third party without your prior permission
Your privacy is important to us.
Protection and Use of Your Personal and Health Information
As registered participants in The Welcome to Parenting programs, The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families has collected personal and health information from you in the Account Set Up and User Profile forms. The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families is responsible for protecting this information.
This personal and health information is used for three key purposes.
- To create your Welcome to Parenting account and place you in the online community groups.
- Statistical information in evaluating this program.
- Improving the program for future parents who use this site.
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families collects this information by following the Personal Health Information and Privacy Act of 2004 and the Municipal Freedom and Personal Information Act.
The Personal Health Information and Privacy Act (PHIPA) sets out rules that must be followed about the collection, usage, storage and sharing of any health information. It also gives you the right to see your health records.
The Municipal Freedom and Personal Information Act (MFPHIA) sets out the general right of access to records held by municipal governments and local agencies, boards and commissions. It also identifies how personal information is collected, used and stored.
Only the research staff will use this information and have access to this information. Any reports created will only contain summary data and no reference to any individuals.
This information is stored on the website host server and is only available to select research staff who have access to this area of the website server.
If you have questions about the protection of your personal information please contact Charlene Chaput , Manager of Administrative Services email@example.com.
When you set up your own account/profile you will be required to create a password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password at firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is important to maintain the security of the Website. As a user of the Website you will not do any of the following:
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You will not solicit another’s password or login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on the Website.
- You will not collect other Website users' content or information, or otherwise access the Website, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of the Website, such as a denial of service attack.
You are legally responsible for any and all activities which occur under your account.